The GFMD Platform for Partnerships (PfP) is….
… a tool to facilitate exchange and showcase projects, programs and policies that are undertaken by governments in the field of Migration and Development (M&D), and which are related to GFMD themes, debates and outcomes. The PfP is a four-pronged tool:
The PfP provides an online space (www.gfmd.org/pfp). In addition, direct meetings are organized in parallel to GFMD events to solicit interest for projects and calls.
- GFMD 2012 Port Louis included a Working Session on the Platform for Partnership in November 2012. Read here about the highlights.
- A PfP Working Session was held during the annual GFMD meeting in Geneva, December 2011. Read here about the highlights.
- The first PfP event in 2011 was organized during the GFMD Friends of the Forum Meeting on 15 March. Download the presentation here
- During the annual GFMD meeting in Puerto Vallarta in November 2010 a PfP Working Session was organized. Read here about the highlights
The PfP and the GFMD process
The Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD), established in Brussels in 2007, is a state-led, voluntary process dedicated to informal non-binding and outcome-oriented dialogue. Since its creation, there have been continued calls during the annual GFMD meetings for online sharing of good practices using the GFMD website. The PfP has been created to help address this need and to foster new partnerships.
The PfP is a tool for supporting the GFMD process and activities. Showcasing certain practices prior to thematic meetings informs and enriches these meetings. Also, in between meetings the PfP serves to sustain attention for a certain theme, by showcasing practices and making calls for action for new projects and partnerships.
GFMD PfP Users
The GFMD is a state-led process. Governments are invited to submit ‘practices’ and ‘calls for action’. Showcased practices can include other actors such as international organizations, civil society organizations, research institutions or the private sector.
All practices and calls are publicly available. But contact details and users profiles are only accessible to registered users. Registration is open for representatives of governments and international organizations that are considered as Friends of the Forum.
Why the PfP matters to you --
- M&D Practices – you can learn from existing projects, programs, policies and partnerships and you can submit your own practice, by filling out a simple template and providing links or documents on the practice.
- M&D Calls for Action – you can view and suggest new project ideas, seek and offer partners, funding, contributions, proposals, participation, and more.
- M&D Networking – as a GFMD stakeholder, you can maintain a GFMD account and view profiles of other GFMD users who you may wish to partner with or consult in the framework of the GFMD/PfP;
- M&D Policy Tools -- you can learn about concrete GFMD-inspired policy tools created by other participating governments, international agencies and M&D experts that can help inform your policy- decisions, laws and institutional structures.
For more information on the PfP download the GFMD PfP Leaflet